Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Shredder: A Manifestation Story?

A long story short, I have begun purging my house.  What once was going to be a simple reorganize and clean operation, has become a systematic removal of everything that no longer works for me.  I say this a lot, but it is the best thing I've ever done.  And still, it is.  Let's just say I feel physically lighter.  It is that good.

Where I now have two file cabinets, I want to have one.  One is all about my writing and support for my writing and the other is all about my taxes and business information.  Since I have done more support for my writing than actual writing and all of my business has gone digital, it shouldn't be hard to combine them.  I haven't used my shredder in years.  It is covered in dust and I'm not too surprised when it won't work and shows an overheating error.  I open it up.  Find it full.  Empty it out and clean it.  I try running it again.  Overheated.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to buy a new shredder, but I simply unplug it and over the next three days, I occasionally check.  It always says, "Overheated."

At the same time in the back of my mind, I'm remembering that a friend told me you have to put any shredded paper going into recycling into a clear plastic bag.  I know that I don't have any clear plastic bags, so I'll need to get some.  I keep repeating that to myself as if trying to remember a grocery list.

On the fourth day I worked.  It wasn't the sort of work I do typically.  More like every now and then.  It involved installing speakers in a gymnasium and me performing as an anchor while they were being lifted up the wall.  Anyway, there were six speakers and each speaker came in a clear plastic bag.  After we were done, I asked if I could have them.  I came home with the bags and the next time I tried the shredder, it worked.

There are aspects to that story that could serve to cheapen it.  The fault with the shredder, I realized later, was pilot error.  I was not getting the lid onto the body correctly.  You could say the cost of six plastic bags was too inconsequential to even notice, let alone attribute to manifestation.

There is a reason they call it "flow."  There is a way of being where life is not a struggle.  Things go wrong, like a shredder not working, but rather than react to it.  Rather than try to "make" something happen.  I simply take note of it.  I give it time.  Look at it like seeing everything that hinders my progress as simply signs telling me it's not ready to happen yet.

In my experience, it is best to wait until things are ripe.  Things are ripe when you have all of the materials you need to proceed forward, or in my case, the six plastic bags I needed.

In terms of monetary value, I manifested less than five dollars, but in personal gain?  I now have a better appreciation and understanding of the phrase "skating through life."


No comments:

Post a Comment